When Engaging The Services of Financial Professionals And Organizations, I Have The Right To...
On Monday June 24, at the height of Brexit fallout, some automated robo-advisors made the decision to halt all trading, citing that this action allowed them to "shield clients from poor trade execution and higher transaction costs." Selling into a downward volatile market is never in the best interest of clients, and at Radix we will never recommend "selling out" during these times. We spend a lot of time on the front-end building an appropriate portfolio allocation based on your personal appetite for risk and time horizons, and do not make trades based on emotion or short-term market noise. We do however, owe a fiduciary duty to you as investors to do as you instruct, even if it goes against our overall strategy and recommendations. Your money is never inaccessible, but we hope that you will trust our expertise in making the right choice for the long-run.
Along these lines, the CFA Institute has put together a "Statement of Investor Rights" which advise investors of the conduct they are entitled to expect from financial service providers. These rights reflect the fundamental ethical principles that are critical to achieving confidence and trust in any professional relationship. Demanding that financial professionals abide by these rights helps you build trust in the person and/or firm you engage with.
When engaging the services of financial professionals and organizations, Radix Financial believes you have the right to...
1. Honest, competent, and ethical conduct that complies with applicable law;
2. Independent and objective advice and assistance based on informed analysis, prudent judgment, and diligent effort;
3. My financial interests taking precedence over those of the professional and the organization;
4. Fair treatment with respect to other clients;
5. Disclosure of any existing or potential conflicts of interest in providing products or services to me;
6. Understanding of my circumstances, so that any advice provided is suitable and based on my financial objectives and constraints;
7. Clear, accurate, complete and timely communications that use plain language and are presented in a format that conveys the information effectively;
8. An explanation of all fees and costs charged to me, and information showing these expenses to be fair and reasonable;
9. Confidentiality of my information;
10. Appropriate and complete records to support the work done on my behalf.
We at Radix hold ourselves to the highest fiduciary standards, and encourage you to know your rights as an investor. Contact us with questions!